Saturday, December 30, 2006

Delayed

I have been sick for over three weeks now. There's nothing like the holidays when you're sick! It started off with an allergy (I was allergic to the Christmas tree!), which caused conjunctivitis, which lead to an infection in my tear ducts, which resulted in a massive sinus infection. Three different doctors, three different antibiotics, and a slew of allergy eye drops and meds later, I'm still looking like a gorilla used my eyes as punching bags.

So I've had to postpone my latest visit to my ortho for lower braces adjustments (2 weeks). I don't know if I could spread my 'bug' to anyone, but I don't want to risk getting an ortho's assistant sick. That, and I don't think I could tolerate yet more discomfort; it takes about 5 days after a braces adjustment for my teeth to recover.

I noticed that my bottom teeth are leaning to the left- see the second pic below to see what I mean. I hope that this gets corrected with the next adjustment. And my molars in the back on the right are finally touching again. Yay!

Hope everyone has a safe and fun New Year's! :)

3 comments:

Penny said...

I'm sorry you were sick for so long :(. That must have suckith much. I finished my aligners today. I get to pick up my top retainer tuesday and the bottom didn't straigten like they were suppose to. I have pic's on my blog if you wanna check it out. My ortho had to put brackets on the bottom to finish. I went with gold brackets and the round things are pink. I was thinking of clear but the brackets are bigger and she said the round things stain bad. What you think? do they stain bad? Hope you are feeling better now.

Cricket said...

Hey Penny,

Congrats on finishing the aligner treatment! Your teeth look great!

I've never had any staining issues with the bands, and I'm a huge coffee drinker. I think what you did with the gold brackets and pink bands is very cool! Do you think you'll go for different colored bands when you get future adjustments?

Anne said...

Hey Christine ---

How are you?

Have you been able to have an adjustment yet since the delay?

Hope all is well in your world -
do let us know how you're doing when you get a chance.